Home     About

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Serotonin

It was one of those nights. 



9:30pm rolls around and I think to myself, "Oh I am going to sleep good tonight".

HA HA HA HA HA!!! 

I will not make that mistake again jinxing myself.

Night comes.

Is is 1am...

"MOM!"

"What is it Erik?"

"I am thirsty"

Drink.

"Nite Nite" 

2:30am...

"MOM! Mom! MOm!"

A little less energetic...I roll myself out of my warm comfortable sheets.

"Yes?"

"I'm Scared"

"What are you scared of Erik?"

"King Bowser"

Then the sheets.

Erik is out of his sheets.

He says, "Look mom"

Sigh.

Back to Bed.

3:15 am...

"MoooooooMMMMM!!!!" 

I can not move!

SEROTONIN!!!! 

I need my SEROTONIN!!!! 

I don't move.

I moan.

Then the light from the hallway bathroom turns on.

AHHHHH MY EYES!!!...

It is like Heaven in all it's brightness has descended. 

It blares though our open door.

I lay there fully awake-

Like a dying fish struggling to breath.

Our #3 son goes to the bathroom. 

Not sure why he NEVER shuts the door.

Or lets the toilet seat lid softly down...

SLAM!

If I wasn't awake, I am now.

SEROTONIN!!!!!!! 

Lights turn off again and I slowly drift into unconsciousness.

BUT WAIT!!!...

Who knows "what the crap" of the night time it is. 

I have a coughing attack! 

SEROTONIN!!!! 

Now the CLIMAX...

The icing on the cake...

The moment you have all been waiting for...

5:15am

"MMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!"

My sweet husband says, "You stay here. I will take care of it"

He comes back.

"Erik peed in his bed"

I want to flail my arms-but I have no strength. 

I once again arise.

My husband cleans off the boy.

I take the sheets and start a load of laundry.

Which works out because I FORGOT to put the pants in the washer that he peed in YESTERDAY!

And of course the sheets were just barely washed.

It is all part of the grand phenomenon of life. 

We take care of Erik and I put myself back in bed with the little amount of energy I have remaining.

My husband says, "Good morning!" 

I glare at him (in a very loving way) and say, "DON'T you say good morning to me". 

It is NOT morning yet. 

I WILL NOT. 

CAN NOT. 

ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IT IS INDEED MORNING!!!!

I try to convince myself, Well...I have one more hour of sleep. 

At least.

10 minutes later....

THUD. THUD! THUD!! THUD!!!!!!!

The washer is uneven and it is beating like a marching band. 

I stare at the ceiling.

Thinking now in my head...

This is IT. 

And of course it has a tune to it like the song,

"It's the End of the World as we Know it"...

"But I feel fine"

But instead it should be sung, 

"It is the end of the night as I know it"...

"I'm going to cry"

 And I feel like I am IN the song. 

Going SO fast, I can't keep up.

6:00am...

The light turns on in the kitchen.

My eldest daughter is getting ready for school.

I just want to SCREEEEEEEEEEEAM!!! 

SEROTONIN!!!!

I'm up.

Guess I will daydream about getting my Serotonin tonight. 

But before I start my day...

May I stay alert at the wheel when I drive.

May I only say things ONCE to my kids and not have to repeat myself.

Forget about cleaning the house.

It will not happen today.

May I relish and enjoy the little joys that Heavenly Father gives me today and Thank Him for them.

May I...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

post signature